View of Utah at the top of a mountain

View of Utah at the top of a mountain

Monday 12 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

The last few days have been really nice.  Haven't had much to worry about, and not much running around to do.  On Saturday, Bubble Guppies was pretty sweet.  And the looks on our babies faces were so sweet.  They enjoyed the show, for sure.  We then surprised Peyton with a sleepover at her Ate Kai's house for the night..the look on Hailey's face, however, was a little heartbreaking.  She didn't want her big sister leaving her..but as soon as I got back into the car..my little sweetheart cheered up, when she realized her surprise, was that she had mommy and daddy all to herself!

She was the sweetest kid all night, and it was a great reminder, that our little girls are so different in their own silly ways.  Our Hailey baby just loved the attention, and she was not difficult at all.  Especially at bedtime..did our routine (haven't done a proper bedtime routine in a pretty long time)..and she was more than happy to go to bed.

Yesterday, I woke up early to prepare meatballs from a recipe I saw on Facebook (which BTW turned out great), and we all got ready to head over to my parents house.  My sister and I prepped and cooked our turkey..which turned out better than last year.. HOORAY!  We set the table for all the big kids to eat at, and had a little table set up for the kiddies..it was sweet..and went pretty well.
Although, on Saturday night, I was told our relatives had invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner, which put us in a pickle!  We already had our turkey defrosting, and food prepped for the next day..honestly, we weren't expecting an invite this year..oops!  Hopefully, things turn out smoother next year with the entire family.

Today, it's our second Thanksgiving dinner, over at my inlaws..and I'm so excited..YUMMY FOOD!  Which, I actually have to get ready for, right meow ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment