View of Utah at the top of a mountain

View of Utah at the top of a mountain

Friday 2 October 2015

Day 3 and Day 4 (P90X)

Had a pretty rough day yesterday, and never got around to blogging about Day 3!  Anyhow, Day 3 focused on more arms, shoulders & back.  It was pretty hard, but not as bad as Day 2.  Mostly lifting weights, doing repetitive shoulder press, bicep curls and tricep ext., learnt how to do them all sorts of ways..it was a good workout!

Now, Day 4, which was today..was YOGA!  SWEET!  I've never tried it before, although, I did have pretty good balance and flexibility before I had my daughters.  Honestly, since I've had my daughters, I've acted like my body was broken, and was afraid to attempt bridges, or headstands.. but to my surprise..I've still got it!  Mind you, it was harder, because I'm heavy again, and my stomach is super loose & stretch, and I definitely felt uncomfortable.  Luckily, I was on my own..and hubby was at work!  I had a tough time during, "Vinyasa".. and was getting frustrated that I couldn't keep my balance during the pro poses..but I had to remind myself that this was my first time..and I have to work up to it!  So I did the poses, but in a way that I was comfortable..which meant, both feet were on the ground..LOL.

Anyhow, aside from the workouts, I'm getting used to tracking again, and getting the hang of eating 50% protein, and 20% fat!  So far I've lost 5 lbs..and that was mostly because I cut out all the extra junk food I'd have at night time.  Yay.. Can't wait to see my results after the first phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment