View of Utah at the top of a mountain

View of Utah at the top of a mountain

Thursday 15 October 2015

Oh boy..

Nope, have not my stretch x for the day.. it's either a stretch day, or rest day.  I will stretch when the kids nap..as I haven't spent much time with them..even though I'm home with them all day?  Wahh?  Nope.. mornings are harsh for me.. I am not a morning person..I'm the type of person that hits the snooze button a million times, before I actually get up.  So when my girls are up, and trying to get me up too?  I send them to their room to play.. a few times..till I'm finally up.  I'm probably a horrible mother for doing that.. but I'm a horrible person as it is when I just want to sleep..hah.  So might as well get in an extra 10-30 minutes of sleep before I start my morning routine.

These days, my morning routine consists of getting the girls to feed Pixie.. and I get their breakfast ready while I do that.. I then let Pixie out onto the balcony (it's not easy physically taking the dog outside, with two toddlers to dress up for the cold..not that I did in the heat either.. it's just not that easy, PERIOD).  I serve the baby's their breakfast, and they're usually done before I can even finish prepping my breakfast.. so I always get interrupted about 10 times before I can actually sit down to have my breakfast.  And then as soon as I finally get to sit down, the kids remind of something else they need, so I then have to get back up at least once more before I can start eating.  Poor me!

Today, I finally got all of last year's Halloween decor out (which isn't much, since last year we were stingy with spending..getting more this year.. YES!) and the girls were ecstatic!  Didn't matter how scary a few things looked.. they were shouting, "YAAAAAY!!!".. and Peyton even requested to have their room decorated.  So I'm going to make an attempt to take them to Dollarama later, so they can pick out a few things..and then Pinterest some crafts they can make themselves to put up in their room.. yay?!

Anyhow, now I've just been being lazy, after a full sink of dishes, and the girls come up to me, well Peyton did..and says, "Bye mommy..me and my baby are going to McDonald's.. and then we're going to go to the playground!"..Meanwhile, Hailey (the baby) is cheering, "hooraaay" and galloping (her cute little skipping thing she does, but she's actually galloping).  I'm glad these girls are capable of using their imagination.  Most days, they'd rather sit on the couch like zombies, and stare at the tv.  Out of the millions of toys they own.. they never know what to do with it.  Till I leave them alone LONG enough to tune into their imaginations.

Anyhow, I don't think I ever got into how I don't spend enough time with them.. aside from my morning routine, about an hour after that, I start my hour long P90X workout..and when I'm done that, I feed the kids their lunch and then send them to their rooms to nap.  Usually, by the time they wake up, daddy's home from work.

So, today, instead of taking off into my room to workout or what not, I decorated the living room, so that they can see for themselves what goes up.. and it paid off, 'cause they're not afraid of the window.. which looks like this..


Too bad the lighting makes the counter look too dark.  Last year, I had most of the decor sitting in the hutch (between my living room and kitchen), because the girls were too young to understand that they just couldn't touch.  This year, I'll find out whether they are ready or not to have decor accessible.

Anyhow, that's it for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment